It seems like there is a petition for everything nowadays, right? Well, according to Polygon, a recent Change.org petition seeks to convince Nintendo, and more specifically “Super Smash Bros” creator Masahiro Sakurai to add the COO of Nintendo of America, Reggie Fils-Aime, as a playable character on the upcoming “Super Smash Bros.” title for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii-U.
When asked about the possibility of him being included as a playable character in the title by a twitter user in a web exclusive segment of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Fils-Aime said:
“Great question, You have to ask that to Mr. Sakurai. He’s the producer of the game, it’s his game. But if he wants, my body is ready.”
For those who are unaware exactly who the COO of Nintendo of America is, a handy description on the Change.org petition can help summarize him.
“Reggie Fils-Aime, president and COO of Nintendo of America, is very popular in the gaming world, and he shot to fame in E3 2004 with his opening line: “My name is Reggie. I’m about kickin’ ass, I’m about takin’ names, and we’re about makin’ games.”His humorous quotes and theatrical antics have made him into a gaming celebrity.”
To help make this campaign successful, the owners of the petition are asking that interested parties storm Twitter by using the Hashtag #ReggieforSmashBros and tweet @Sora_Sakurai, alerting him of the petition’s existence. “Also Tweet to @NintendoOfAmerica, @NintendoEurope, and @NintendoUK; and post about this on Miiverse to prove to Nintendo that Reggie deserves a spot on the roster.”
- Nintendo’s Reggie Fils-Aime takes us on a tour of his Animal Crossing: New Leaf house (polygon.com)
- Super Smash Bros. fan petition begins to make Reggie Fils-Aime a playable character (polygon.com)
- Fans petitioning to have Reggie Fils-Aime from Nintendo a playable character in the new Smash Bros. (gamersstandard.wordpress.com)
- Super Smash Bros. 4 News: Petition to Add Reggie Fils-Aime to Roster Before Game’s Release Date (latinospost.com)
- Super Smash Bros. Fans Start Petition for Playable Reggie Fils-Aime (geekosystem.com)
- 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show: Nintendo and West Coast Customs Unveil Mario Kart 7 (blogs.automotive.com)
- Super Smash Bros. petition calls for a playable Reggie Fils-Aime (vg247.com)
- Nintendo fans want Reggie Fils-Aime in Super Smash Bros. (o.canada.com)
- Reggie Fils-Aime: ‘I gave up’ on understanding why the media reports ‘what they do’ a long time ago (gimmegimmegames.com)
- Nintendo says ‘no’ to Japanese indie developers (destructoid.com)